Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [waiting for the moving of the waters; for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.]John 5:2-4
Who We Are
The Bethesda church started with only a handful of people who longed to know more about God's Word. Through humble beginnings studying at a dinner table, God has truly taken notice of our thirst and hunger for His infallible Word. Through much prayer and hard work, God has truly blessed our church and is using us powerfully to spread the gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We are a small, loving family of diverse backgrounds who all have one thing in common: we love the Word of God. We truly believe that God's Word is spirit and life (John 6:63). Our main mission is to grow God's kingdom through proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Tenets of Belief
- We believe the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament Scriptures to be the inspired Word of God, the only inerrant and infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one living and true God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Almighty God who created the world by His Word and ruled it under His providence and accomplished the redemption for sinful man in Christ and will judge all the humanity in justice.
- We believe in the full deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus, His representative and substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection, and His physical return in glory to consummate His Kingdom.
- We believe in the dignity of man created in the image of God, his total depravity, his need of repentance, redemption, and justification only through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- We believe in the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling, and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit enabling the Christian to become effective witness of the gospel and to serve responsibly in the world for the glory of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of all men either to eternal life or to eternal death as God shall judge them in justice and in truth.
- We believe in one, holy, and universal Church as the body of Christ, and her essential task of worship, preaching, fellowship, praying, service, and mission.
- We believe in the responsibility of the church transforming people and culture in the contemporary context, in obedience to God according to the teachings of the Scriptures for the realization of the Kingdom of God.
Worship With Us!
We are located at 3928 Industrial Park Road, Van Buren, Arkansas 72956.